Monday, January 30, 2012

DIY: Ikea Lack

Happy Monday, friends! Today I have a fun IKEA hack for you. This one was super easy
but a little time consuming. In the end, it was definitely worth the time
because it makes such a huge impact!


My inspiration came from this photo. I first tried to use nailheads, which didn't work. Then I tried thumbtacks, but they were too big. And then hit it me! Why not use brads?!




Supplies:

Brads (you can find them in the scrapbooking section at any craft store)
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun
Lack Table

All you have to do is cut the back of the brads off (yes, regular scissors do work) and glue
them on following the pattern! Super simple.

Before:



After:



Send pictures if you try it, I would love to see how it turns out! Check back tomorrow for a new series!


Pin It

6 comments:

Ashley @ A {Blonde's} DIY Life said...

I love this project it's absolutely gorgeous!!! I would love it if you linked it up to my party!
http://ablondesdiylife.blogspot.com/2012/01/chanel-artwork.html

house of earnest said...

Um, this is awesome! I love it!

Eloquently Emily said...

What a GREAT idea! looks adorable and very chic!

Unknown said...

Wow so impressed this is amazing!!

Michelle said...

Truly stunning!! LOVE this project. And thanks for sharing the details!

- Darlene @ Fieldstone Hill Design, Interiors

Michelle said...

This is awesome! I have been looking for a hack for this end table. I am going to try this this weekend!