Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tile Update

While the herringbone subway tile was a good idea... it isn't very practical. {see previous post} They are made for the walls and have a glaze on them so it probably wouldn't be smart to stick them on the floor... I hate admitting that my ideas aren't going to work.

Anyway, I ran back to Home Depot today and they have this Hexagon tile for around $2.50/sq ft. That put me over budget...but, I signed up for a 10% off coupon so that puts me at about $250 for the tile.



As always, let me know what you think!


Pin It

5 comments:

Dayka Robinson said...

love it, but that's probably because i have almost the exact same tile in my guest bathroom! i originally bought the same small octagon tile with black dots (by dal-tile), but when installation day arrived, i was 1 box short and had to get the larger version from lowes, which i don't love as much. i'll probably end up re-doing it with the smaller tile, since i still have it sitting in the garage.

btw--thanks for becoming my 200th follower. your blog design is SO FAB--love!

Lindsay @ Hello Hue said...

I love it! I think it has that same clean look that you see in the subway tile. Good luck tiling with the fam! :)

Tobe @ Two Tall Blondes said...

LOVE it! you have me dreaming of my someday house....

hope installing goes well!

Joi said...

I love it! I want to retile our bathroom floors with these. I don't think my husband or family is behind me on this one since we retiled the same floors 5 years ago! ; )

alison giese Interiors said...

I used that hex tile in our bath remodel in our first home. If you have a small space, go for it. The amount of grout makes it a bit harder to keep clean, but you can't beat the look.
I'm sad your herringbone pattern didn't pan out, I think it would've been amazeballs!

LOVE your blog - so glad I found you!