Monday, April 18, 2011

Black Trim. Yes or no?

When repainting the guest bedroom, I wanted to try out a little black trim around the door frames. I LOVE the way it turned out but husband vetoed it before I could even get a word out. Now, to his defense, we are going to be selling this house in the near future and that definitely might not be appealing to all. But, I wanted to see what you all thought of it? Is this something you would ever do? Maybe in my next house :)

Oh, and please excuse the mess in the closet!





Pin It

8 comments:

christa said...

I think in the right room it could be very nice! :)

I have more of a shabby chic, vintage style so I can't see myself doing it personally.

Jill GG said...

I'm a huge fan of it... my girlfriend has it in her home and I just love it. Especially with kids it doesn't show the wear that white trim does. BUT if you are selling your house soon, I totally agree with your husband. It's a tough sell for some people!

Karena said...

It can look so striking and elegant. I have not tried it though!

Do come and enter my Fashionable Giveaway from The French Basketeer!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Lucy Betty said...

i like it a lot! I say yes. :)

Pine Tree Home said...

I have a photos of a bathroom with black trim and cream walls. I love it, but I think the room has to have the right light.

Simple Snaps Halo said...

I have always loved black and white! Its so crisp and elegant. I like that it can make things automatically look more expensive without actually being expensive. BUT... I think I might have to agree with Adam if you're about to sell the house. Not everyone appreciates amazing taste ;) (P.S. Cant wait to see all the projects you'll have with the new house!)

alison giese Interiors said...

I really don't think it's an unappealing concept for a buyer. Make it work in the room with the other decor, and you'll have a little wow factor.

Shea Lennon said...

I love it! I think it looks so clean and sophisticated--it makes the frame stand out.