Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Dreaming of a New Bedroom

Though we are quite a ways from starting the bedroom, I am pretty decided about where I want to go with it!

The inspiration for the entire room is a DIY headboard I saw on design*sponge.



I'll take these acrylic nesting tables from Overstock.



Now I would really love to use all white bedding, but it isn't really realistic because we have a chocolate lab. So maybe a compromise is printed sheets and a white duvet cover. I am loving these aqua trellis sheets from Serena and Lily.


The bedroom is the one place upstairs that we are keeping carpet, and I am pretty set on going with sisal.


For a bit of glamour, I am DYING to own this capiz shell chandelier.

image via target.com

I have forgotten to mention that I have this guy that I picked up for $50 at an antique store. We are in the process or refurbishing it now. {the sanding is kicking me in the behind} It will either be stained or painted white.


I will put one of these at the foot of the bed since it is the only place our room will allow for seating.

image via hsn.com

Too bad I can't snap my fingers and be finished!


Pin It

2 comments:

gretchen o said...

I love the headboard! I have been loving the tomato red and blue as a color scheme. when it is all finished it will be fab!

Oh, My Darling said...

Just found your blog and am loving it! Glad to be a new follower. I've been wanting to create an upholstered headboard for quite awhile, but have yet to get the time/enthusiasm to do so.