Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hump Day Happy Hour with House of Earnest

It's happy hour time! Today I have one of my favorite bloggers, Erin, here from House of Earnest! She is the first person I met at Alt Summit this year and we were fast friends. She is one of those people you feel like you have known forever! She does some seriously amazing DIY's and is super stylish. You should definitely add her to your "must read" list if you haven't already! Now on to the drink...

Hi Second Street East readers! I'm Erin from House of Earnest and I am so excited to share one of my summer happy hour staples with you today. 

I am a huge margarita drinker, and although I'm usually a purist when it comes to the south-of the border staple (classic on the rocks with salt), I can't resist the pretty rosy hue and tart sweetness of this pink grapefruit margarita. I can't think of any better way to spend happy hour on a warm day.

Photobucket
Fruit and drink photos courtesy of House of Earnest


Pink Grapefruit Margarita

(for 2 servings)
-Juice of 2 limes - using a lime juicer extracts so much more than you would think! Try this one from Sur la Table!
-Juice of 1 ruby red grapefruit
-2 oz tequila
-1 oz Grand Marnier
-Splash of OJ

Combine the above ingredients in a pitcher like this one from Crate and Barrel, then pour into a glass with ice and a salted rim. Garnish with a wedge of grapefruit and serve with cute and fun cocktail napkins, mine are from Anthropologie! For easy outdoor serving, use a portable bar stand like this sleek and colorful version from CB2.

I hope you'll try this pretty pink take on the traditional margarita - add chips and salsa and you have one of my favorite dinners...I mean snacks :).

Thank you, Erin! It looks so delicious! Can't wait to try it! Now everybody go have a drink!!


Pin It

9 comments:

Laura @ The Steen Style said...

YUM!! I can't wait to try this one.

Giovanna Pacini said...

Ooh the twist on the classic margarita sounds sooo good! I'm going to have to try it!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.comShabbyApple Gift Card Giveaway!

Alivedinhome said...

I could so go for one or 2 of these right now!!

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

I'm a little gun-shy with the tequila these days, but wow his looks amazing! I might have to reconsider... 

Lauren H said...

I love that this recipe is simple and doesn't have a ton of added sugar! It looks/sounds delish and I'm definitely trying this soon!!

Jenna Hughes said...

looks good!

http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

Emily Hart said...

Ummmm, wow!!!  It looks amazing and I'm soooo trying it!  

miss b said...

Definitely one to try!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/  

Annie said...

Oh YUM - I totally want to make these tomorrow night :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray