Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hump Day Happy Hour with The Peak of Tres Chic



I have a fun new series for y'all that involves all things happy hour! I often find myself asking if it is time for happy hour yet, so I thought it would be fun to see what some of my favorite bloggers envision for their perfect happy hour!


First up is Sam from The Peak of Tres Chic! She is one of the sweetest bloggers I know and her blog serves up some serious inspiration for me every day! You defeinitely need to add her to your "must read" list!


Hello there, Second Street East readers!  Sam here, from The Peak of Tres Chic.  When Michelle asked if I would like to participate in her new "Hump Day Happy Hour" series, how could I resist?  I love a good cocktail as much as the next girl, and I prefer to drink mine in style!


Photobucket

If you haven't yet experienced St. Germain elderflower, you are truly missing out. This liquor literally smells of fresh fruit. It's perfect with champagne! Here's my simple recipe for a refreshing elderflower elixir: 

Ingredients
Champagne of your choosing 
Fresh raspberries 

 Recipe
Pour 1 part St. Germain liqueur in to a champagne flute 
Pour 3 parts Champagne in to champagne flute 
Garnish with a fresh raspberry 
Enjoy! 

 My recipe is simple and classic, and it never disappoints. Even the pickiest of drinkers will love this cocktail! And what to serve it on? A Society Social Tripple Trolley bar cart, of course! 

 Host a happy hour soiree with a group of your closest girlfriends at your apartment. Serve up elderflower elixirs, gossip about the latest Hollywood celeb news and play cards. It's the perfect way to unwind after work! Oh, and don't forget to invite me! :) 

 Thank you for having me, Michelle! I hope you will all stop by The Peak of Tres Chic and say "Hi!"


Pin It

19 comments:

Sam E Penner said...

Eeeek!  So excited to see how you laid it all out.  Looks fabulous!!

Morgan @ {xoxo, me} said...

I have no idea how I've never heard of St. Germain elderflower, but I haven't. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, though, because this sounds delicious! I will definitely be trying it :) xoxo, morgan

Amy said...

oooh I'm loving your blog!! Just came here via Sam's twitter - can't wait to have a good nosy! P.S I LOVE the idea of this series. I would guest-post for you anyday!
xoAmy
 

Tobe | Because It's Awesome said...

WORD. UP. to happy hour. Sam, I'd love to kick my heals up with you anytime! :)

Erika said...

Wow! That sounds absolutely wonderful. I love anything to do with champagne. Perhaps I will try this for Easter brunch this Sunday!

houseofearnest said...

sounds like it's time for happy hour... I'm ready to try the Elderflower Elixer!

Simple Snaps Halo said...

Love the series!!!

Jessie D. Miller said...

Yay!  I could REALLY go for a Hump Day Happy Hour right now. Love Sam and that image of the board game night.  Love to play games and sip cocktails.  Can't wait to try that drink, wish it was with you girls! 

Jackie said...

Love me a good happy hour! Cute idea for a series!!

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

So, so cute. I love this new series and I am making that drink ASAP!

Kelly said...

oooo sounds amazing! i will be trying this asap!

Nancy said...

This is darling! We love elderflower cocktails, well, esp. Bethany- that's her signature drink! Happy Hump day Michelle, and Sam!
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

Melanie said...

This is one of my favorite cocktails! Especially during the summertime.

Erin | Holtwood Hipster said...

Love me some St. Germain! Hard to keep a full bottle stocked around these parts. Dropped by via Sam- Glad to find a new blog for some more inspiration and fun!

Sweet Tea Belle said...

What a wonderful series! I love seeing new cocktails to make. The elderflower sounds amazing. I will have to be sure and look for it in the local liquor store. Love your blog!

JillGG said...

love this new feature... I will definitely be trying this cocktail!

miss b said...

I love cocktails, Champagne and elderflower so I'll have to try this!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.com/   

emily said...

St Germain is one of my favorite things ever.  It and champagne are so so good! 

Shea Sayers said...

I love this new series, Michelle! The cocktail sounds delicious, and the girls game night would be a wonderful midweek treat! I'm headed over to check out Sam's blog now.