Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hump Day Happy Hour with Maggie Rose Interiors

Happy Hour time! These are becoming my favorite posts of the week! I have been trying all of the drinks on the weekend and they have all been amazing - I don't think today's will be any exception!

Hi Second Street East readers! It's Maggie from Maggie Rose Interiors sharing a little cocktail recipe and some inspiration for your home bar (isn't decorating half the fun of entertaining?). This drink recipe caught my eye because I'm already dreaming of summer... and what's more summery than tropical fruit juices and rum? Nothing - except maybe a bar setup that could live by the pool OR in your living room!

Photobucket



The Painkiller (from the New American Bartender's Handbook)
2 oz white rum 
4 oz pineapple juice 
1 oz fresh orange juice 
1 oz coconut cream 

 Shake the ingredients, then strain into an ice-filled highball glass and serve (preferably from this beautiful bar cart and preppy Palm Beach style accessories!).

Thank you so much Maggie! Can't wait to try the Painkiller! Sounds like a seriously good drink :)


Pin It

11 comments:

Jessie D. Miller said...

SOOOO INTO the cocktail name "The Painkiller"   Adorbs!  I could go for one right now........or four.....

K makeitandfakeit said...

Oh yum!! this looks delicious!! (and oh boy do i ever want the roller'bar!!)

Love K

Maggie Rose said...

Thanks for having me,  Michelle!

brianne culley said...

Those coasters are unique and wonderful - will make a great mothers' day gift. Great job, Maggie!

Between the Boxwoods said...

Yum!  What a cute post idea!

Amanda Raborn said...

LOVE this idea! And more importantly, the cocktail recipe! Sounds delicious! 

Amanda
It's an Easy Life

Wendy said...

Great idea! My go-to drink, gin & tonic. Happy hump day!

Shea Sayers said...

That sounds like a painkiller!! (Although I may need to take some real painkillers the next day...) And my favorite thing here is that adorable striped bottle opener--how cute is that!?

Sam E Penner said...

Yummmm!   This cocktail sounds delish!  I agree- these posts are so fun!

morgan @ {xoxo, me} said...

I loooove that bar cart! And the cocktail sounds so summery and tasty. I will definitely be trying it out soon!

houseofearnest said...

LOVE the bar cart... I need one upstairs in my house.  You know, so I don't have to walk downstairs for a refill :)  I hope you're having a good week, Michelle!