Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Reduce. Reuse. Recycle.

I am always trying to find ways to help save the planet that don't completely change the way that I already live. There is a long list of things that I want to start doing that haven't quite happened yet. (I recently switched to Mrs. Meyers cleaning products and love them!) So when I heard about this organization, I got very excited!

It is called the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. They sell new and used building materials that have been donated by individuals, contractors and retailers at a discount to the public! The best part of all is the proceeds go to the local Habitat for Humanity. This is a win-win for everyone! I can't wait to check it out. In the meantime, look at this beautiful door that one of younghouselove.com's readers picked up at their local ReStore.



Isn't it gorgeous! According to the price list from the ReStore Web site, this door set them back about $150! I looked at some not-so-special exterior doors at Home Depot recently and they were upwards of $1000. It is about an hour away from where I live but will be totally worth it. Maybe I will head down this weekend? The one set back is that you can't return anything so you better have measurements in hand and be pretty darn sure about them.


Pin It

No comments: