Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Colorblocking at Home


Art - Serena & Lily / Dresser - Ikea / Lamp - Robert Abbey / Mirror - Serena & Lily
Chair - Serena & Lily / Rhino Bust - Serena & Lily

I know we have all seen the gorgeousness that color blocking can do to your wardrobe, but let's take a look at how to implement this into your home.

I like to find a piece of artwork (or fabric) to serve as my color inspiration for a room and in this case, I went with a piece that is mostly one "block" of color with accents of the other color being used in the space.

From there, choose a main piece of furniture (couch, dresser, bed, table, etc.) in one solid color to provide another "block."

Then accessorize in varying shades of the accent color and don't forget to add in a neutral to ground the space (this can be done with flooring, wall treatment, furniture... really anything!)


Pin It

16 comments:

Romina Rose May said...

Great combination between style and interiore! :) Love your photos and style! :) Looks so good :) Best wishes

Netty said...

This is a cool post - well thought out :D

xx
The Fashionable ESQ
http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Love the idea of colorblocking in your home. How brilliant! Thanks for stopping by my blog btw. I'm now following you via GFC :) xoxo, morgan

Unknown said...

love the board! great job!

Halle said...

 Hi! I just came across your blog! Please come check mine out as well @ classicglamblog.blogspot.com :: if you like, follow! I will gladly return the favor. Oh, and also, do you do swap sponsoring?

Best,
Classic+Glam Blog

Giovanna Pacini said...

Great combo! Love your picks! My fave is the mirror!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

Fede said...

nice idea color block in the house, like it very much!

come and visit me, if you like my blog we can follow each other. kisses
http://www.iloveshoppingwithfede.com/ 

Meg said...

lovely pieces you found! i love the inspiration and the accentuating pieces you picked. that mirror especially

Kelly @ MessyDirtyHair said...

very cool! i love color blocking with my clothes!

Like Me Some said...

What a great idea to bring this trend into your home!!
I like the metal chairs!!I love that you included the rhino, every room needs something a little quirky and fun!

bevy said...

these are great pics. I'm really liking the lamp. It's so sculptural! Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's nice to have new visitors!

Christine said...

Yes. Yes. Yes. 

Emily Hart said...

Love this!  Especially the Robert Abbey lamp.  Can't get enough of those!

Thu Huynh said...

love this!
I recently did a review on a pretty Lulu's dress, hope you will stop by and check it out, Thanks!

lucia said...

great post!!

www.aroundlucia.comwww.aroundlucia.com

Maria at inredningsvis.se said...

GREAT PICS:) I really like your blog and will happily follow....If you want some swedish inspiration you can check out my blog:)  I wish you a lovely week.

LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se
(Sweden)