Thursday, March 22, 2012

Style Basics: Chambray + Sheepskin

So I started thinking the other day about how much I love my chambray shirts. That I could (and want) to wear them every single day and how they are the perfect layering piece. I then started wondering what the equivalent in the home would be.... and thus a new series is born!

Chambray Shirt - Old Navy / Dress - Topshop / Heels - Zara
Necklace - Pink Mascara



Chambray Shirt - Anthropologie / Pant - ASOS / Shoes - Zara
Necklace - BaubleBar


Link
Chambray Shirt - Piperlime / Sweater - Forever 21 / Jeans - AWear
Necklace - Anthropologie / Shoes - Dolce Vita

So how is a sheepskin like chambray shirt? You can literally add it to any room as a layering piece and it goes with all types of decor. I have never met a room that wouldn't benefit from a little sheepskin! Throw it over a couch, chair, bench or on the floor. I have one over my couch right now, which also doubles as a dog bed for the little one. I think I might need a couple more.


Sheepskin Rug / Sofa - Jayson Home / Chair - Crate and Barrel / Bench - West Elm

Do you see the correlation?


Pin It

16 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

I had a chambray shirt from the Gap that I wore all through high school and college.  It was soft, had pearl snaps, was tapered at the waist and had two front pockets. I loved that shirt until it had many holes...I wish I kept it just because.

Jessika Williams said...

You need to add a "Pin It" button to your site my friend!

Sarah said...

I love this entry!! :) Such a great idea... and I love your fashionista sets!

Bri said...

I love all of the outfits you put together!  I want to wear each one!

Check out my Kathleen Whitaker Earring Giveaway:



http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2012/03/kathleen-whitaker-earring-giveaway.html   

Lauren said...

Fantastic job with those outifts! Gives me some new inspiration for things to pair my trusty chambray shirt with. And who doesn't love a sheepskin rug??

Raiana @ lifeSTYLE said...

Thanks for your sweet comment, it lead me to your beautiful blog! Glad to be a new follower :) 

Raiana xo, 
lifeSTYLE

Laura @ The Steen Style said...

Just got the old navy one and I love love love it!!! Wish I could wear it every day.

Jamie @ Like Me Some said...

Love the sheepskin! That green metal chair is pretty great, too!!

Giovanna Pacini said...

Great looks! The first is definitely my fave! And so is the bedroom style!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

navy & orange said...

omg. need that orange dress. this post is amazing!

xoxo navy & orange

Shea Sayers said...

What a fun series! I love my chambray shirt, and I wish I had more than one to style up in all of these looks!

JillGG said...

I couldn't agree more! I only have one sheepskin, but I'm always wanting to put it in other rooms.  And of course, you know I am a chambray lover myself.

Blog About Design said...

Love the Chambray shirt and Zara shoes. Have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

HI! Love your outfits..good to find your blog! It's adorable.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

henning love said...

love that first outfit!! seriously chambray goes great with a lot

Courtneylaneblog said...

Such a good analogy! It's so true!